I’ve helped lead many organizing efforts at the community, national and international levels. I have lobbied in Washington, DC and Ottawa for climate policy; helped lead the fight to save our community’s drinking water in Shawnigan Lake; and been involved in many different organizations fighting for poverty reduction and other social and economic justice issues.
- Led the four-year fight that led to the government rescinding the permits that allowed contaminated soil to be dumped near Shawnigan Lake’s drinking watershed. (Source)
- Travelled to Washington, DC and Ottawa to urge elected officials to take stronger action on climate change as part of the Citizens’ Climate Lobby.
- Was Social Justice Chair for the Greater Victoria Teachers Association, 2010-2011
- Worked as the national administrator for Results Canada, a non-profit that works to alleviate poverty all over the world.
- Was a Board Member of Oikocredit Canada West, a global micro-lending organization.